Please see attached pdf for Permco Viton Seal Reference Guide.
Fluorocarbon (FKM) has excellent resistance to high temperatures, ozone, oxygen, mineral oil, synthetic hydraulic fluids, fuels, aromatics and many organic solvents and chemicals. Low temperature resistance is normally not favorable and for static applications is limited to approximately -26°C (-15°F) although certain compounds are suitable down to -46°C (-50°F). Under dynamic conditions, the lowest service temperature is between -15°C and -18°C (5°F and 0°F). Gas permeability is very low and similar to that of butyl rubber. Special FKM compounds exhibit an improved resistance to acids and fuels.
- Up to 204°C (400°F) and higher temperatures with shorter life expectancy.
- Down to -26°C (-15°F) (some to -46°C) (-50°F)
- Mineral oil and grease, ASTM oil No. 1, and IRM 902 and IRM 903 oils
- Non-flammable hydraulic fluids (HFD)
- Silicone oil and grease
- Mineral and vegetable oil and grease
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons (butane, propane, natural gas)
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene)
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons (trichloroethylene and carbon tetrachloride)
- Gasoline (including high alcohol content)
- High vacuum
- Very good ozone, weather and aging resistance
Not compatible with:
- Glycol based brake fluids
- Ammonia gas, amines, alkalis
- Superheated steam
- Low molecular weight organic acids (formic and acetic acids)