Installation Instructions for Permco Dump-Pump Factory Air-Shift
Air-Shift assembly: 997-00863
- Remove piston assembly from cover.
- Ensure that o’ring 1* is in place
- Use grease to hold gasket 10* in position on valve body. (small hole)
- Use grease to hold plate 11* in position on gasket.
- Use grease to hold gasket 12* in position on plate. (large hole)
- Apply a small bead of loctite thread locker to end of piston assembly where show.
- Hold the piston assembly (pre-assembled) and screw the end of the piston assembly into the end of the valve spool.
- Use a 5/16-inch allen wrench on the piston assembly to tighten 9*. Hold the other end of the valve spool while tightening. This may be done by placing a screw driver through the eye-hole on the neutral lock-out spool. note- very little torque is needed.
- Slip the cover 4* over the complete shift assembly. Insert the two 5/16” x 4” cap screws through the mounting holes on the cover and tighten evenly.
- Apply air pressure (min. 75 PSI) to the cylinder ports and check for air leaks. Ensure the air shifter mechanism moves freely.
*refer to item in drawing
note: 997-00863 Assembly does not include the valve spool.