1) Clean bore in the shaft end cover with a non-petroleum based degreaser.
2) Coat the outer edge of the shaft seal with Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket #3 or
3) With the metal side of the seal up, press it into the mounting flange until flush, using an
arbor press and plug in the tool list, and wipe off excess sealant.
4) Place shaft end cover in a vise with pilot facing down.
5) Place thrust plate onto bearings or over bushings.
6) Lightly coat with grease both the seal insertion tool (see tool list) and gearshaft.
7) Slide sleeve partially up through the shaft seal from the pilot side of shaft end cover.
8) Slide gearshaft into sleeve and push down gently until gear contacts thrust plate.
9) Remove sleeve from end of gearshaft.
Series Insertion Tool Seal Insertion Plug
M124 Q-1956-5 1 ⅝” DIA X 2” BAR
M257 M5000 M5151 Q-1956-3 2 ½” DIA X 2” BAR
M360 M7500 Q-1956-2 2 ½” DIA X 2” BAR
M2100 M3000 Q-1956-4 1 ¾” DIA X 2” BAR
Permco Technical Service Department
The information contained in this facsimile message is property of Permco and confidential information intended only for the
recipient named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this documents or its contents are strictly
prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return this original facsimile to
use at the address via the U.S. Postal