Prepare work area by removing all foreign particles from surfaces. Hands, rags, tools, and work area should be free of dirt and grease from previous jobs.
Prepare Valve for Installation
- Remove snap ring and washer from end of valve spool.
- Remove poppet and spring from cap on hydraulic valve.
- Remove four (4) cap screws and housing cap from hydraulic valve.
Installation of Cylinder
- Remove seal ring from cylinder.
- Remove piston assembly from cylinder body. Note: the snap ring does NOT need to be removed.
- Remove setscrew from piston assembly using a ¼” hex wrench.
- Grease and slide seal ring over the hydraulic valve spool placing the flat face of the ring closest to the valve body.
- Slide piston assembly over valve spool with spring assembly closest to valve body. Attach with setscrew through the hole in the valve spool.
- Grease the o-rings.
- Slide cylinder body over assembly, secure it to the valve using cap screws provided. Torque cap screws to 10-15 lbs.