Modified on: Mon, 24 Feb, 2020 at 11:07 AM
Overview of Piggyback Units
- Piggyback units are used when a wide range of flow options are needed and/or when segregated flows between pumping sections is required.
- Most common in our Roller Bearing Series
- Combine separate hydraulic pumps on one common drive shaft
- Fluid from separate reservoirs, as well as different types of fluids can be used without intermixing
- Provides a greater range of pump output flows by allowing the pumping sections to be sized for optimum efficiency
- Main hydraulic and steering systems where pump output flows have a wide variance
- Use with two reservoirs or a reservoir and a sump require separation of pumped fluids
- Consist of special piggyback Port End Cover for the front section and a special piggyback Shaft End Cover for the rear section and a special connecting shaft are mated together to form the unit
- Port End Cover and Shaft End Cover both have shaft type lip seals that keep fluids segregated
- Can be configured CW, CCW or Bi-Rotation
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.